Mr Green is a gambling site with an animated casino, a live casino and a section for sports betting and certain other types of betting on current events. The site has been around since 2008, but the live casino and the sports betting/event betting was added later.
The original name of the parent company was Mr Green & Co AB. (This was a Swedish company.) The casino was owned and run by the Malta-based subsidiary Mr Green Ltd.
In December 2017, Nasdaq Stockholm moved Mr Green & Co AB to the Mid Cap segment of Nasdaq Stockholm. In May 2018, Mr Green & Co AB changed the name to MRG.
In January 2019, the huge gambling company William Hill Plc acquired MRG after a public offer, and MRG was therefore removed from Nasdaq Stockholm. The cash offer from William Hill Plc amounted to £242 million. Since the acquisition, the MRG brands have been utilized by William Hill alongside William Hill´s sports betting and casino brand William Hill and their casino brand Euregrand.
In March 2019, Patrick Jonker was appointed CEO of Mr Green Ltd and Managing Director of William Hill International.
Not an exchange-traded company any more
Mr Green & Co AB, and later MRG, used to be listed on at Nasdaq Stockholm.
In 2019, the company was acquired by William Hill Plc through a public offering and removed from the stock exchange.
About Mr Green Ltd
Mr Green Ltd is based in Sliema, Malta.
Registration number: C43260
Registered office: Mr Green Limited, Tagliaferro Business Centre, Level 6, 7 & 8, High Street, Sliema SLM 1549, Malta
Mr Green Ltd holds gambling licenses from several European countries, including:
- United Kingdom (License Number: 000-039264-R-319432-008. Approval date for the UK Operator License: July 2015)
- Sweden (A license for online gambling and betting, valid until 2023-12-31. In February 2018, MrGreen online casino increased their exposure to the Swedish gambling market by acquiring Evoke Gaming Ltd, a buy that included the online casino Vinnarum Casino, the bingo rooms Bertil Bingo and MamaMia Bingo, and the broad gaming and betting site RedBet.)
- Denmark (Mr Green was approved by the Danish authorities after the 2017 acquisition of Dansk Underholdning, an online casino for the Danish market. Among other things, the acquisition included the bingo brands Bingoslottet, Balletbingo and Bingsjov.)
- Italy (After Mr Green´s acquisition of the Italian operator Mybet Italia in 2015, Mr Green was approved by Italy´s gaming regulator AAMS. This made it possible for Mr Green to enter the regulated Italian gaming market.)
- Ireland (only sportsbook)
Mr Green casino was founded in late 2007 and the gambling site opened in 2008. The founders were three Swedish entrepreneurs: Fredrik Sidfalk, Henrik Bergquist and Mikael Pawlo.
Sidfalk and Bergquist had previously, back in 2001, co-founded the online gambling company Betsson together with Anders Holmgren.
When Mr Green Casino was launched back in 2008, it was still very common for online casinos to contain games from just one game developer. Mr Green opted to go another route and filled their casino with games from numerous developers right from the start. They then continuously added more game developers to their portfolio. Naturally, online casino gamblers appreciated this “one-stop-solution” since they could access games from a wide range of game developers using just one log-in and one money account.